ADO 4.55% 2.1¢ anteotech ltd

A thoughtful and targeted contribution, it sounds so reasonable....

1. 30,319 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1836
    A thoughtful and targeted contribution, it sounds so reasonable. You don't use the rear vision mirror to drive forward nobody can disagree with that.

But! The past will determine the range of options for the future. All decisions must be well-informed. You cannot draw a line in the sand and say I won't revisit any of the past.

This is a discussion forum not an agreement forum. Nobody gets to determine what is or isn't said so long as it complies with TOU guidelines.

I'm bullish about the battery space for ADO and always have been.

But that 's not what I've been concerned about. The thread topic is what I'm interested in. I've been concerned about sound governance and I don't want RM getting near the Board because of his track record and that is still possible. Replacements haven't been selected.

The EGM move certainly looked like he was attempting to take control, and it's been stated in here that GC intended to get the Chairman's role.

If you want decent governance neither is a good move IMO.

Because if those two are in charge you more stuff ups on expenditure and financing are likely. Moving together shouldn't be with a suboptimal team. Not when you're trying to crack a lucrative international market. You want the best team on the job, not some version of Dad's Army. Oops. the Deal with the Canadians fell over. Righto, let's try a deal with Bergen. What are the terms? Oops. sorry. I guess you will have to borrow from my other company First Cape. Righto! How many shares do we have on issue now? What is the share price now? Oops. etc etc.

As for negotiating international deals in the battery space? If you haven't got your ducks in a row, deals come unstuck. As they did with the Canadians. You might not want to hear this, as "it's all in the past", but it explains why sound governance is so critical to success.

We need expertise in the battery space, and we need negotiating expertise. If you confine the choice of replacements to Australians only, it limits unnecessarily when you are dealing with an international market.
    Put another way, industry in Australia is extremely small. There aren't the industry titans here.

I've still got my eye on the main game, and bullish on ADO's chances in the battery space BUT you cannot afford to just hope and trust. That much I've learned and I'd hope others such as yourself might have learned it as well.

I find the antics in here both amusing and concerning. The hatred from some supposedly rational quarters has been completely off the radar. It's been unreal, and I note you don't even try to defend it, no doubt due to the impossibility of the task.

As for working together, I don't think there is any compulsion to all agree on approach.
    To all agree to hope and trust.
    To all agree what the outcome of all thinking must be.

Is substantive, quality discussion too much to hope for in 2018? I think not!
    Last edited by dolcevita: 15/01/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.1¢
Change
-0.001(4.55%)
Mkt cap ! $51.83M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.1¢ 2.1¢ 2.1¢ $16.16K 769.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 26624 2.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.2¢ 617809 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ADO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.