4DS 0.00% 7.7¢ 4ds memory limited

There's probably lots to be said to answer your question, but...

1. 764 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 326
    There's probably lots to be said to answer your question, but there are two points in this announcement that are pivotal in my view:
    • read AND write speeds comparable to DRAM
    • unbelievable endurance while operating at DRAM read and write speeds

DRAM is the fast memory in your computer. Historically the speed came with a big trade-off - when the power goes out, everything in it is gone. So computers work on a two-stage system of storage where information you need to retain is stored on a much slower type of memory (hard disk or flash) and then is loaded into DRAM when the computer needs to be able to access and manipulate it quickly - to then transfer back to your slower storage whatever it wants to keep.

These performance characteristics potentially offer a completely new hardware architecture. And that's just the beginning, too. These new generation memories also have characteristics that could allow computation IN MEMORY - and those characteristics are particularly suitable to things like machine learning. I don't know if anyone has noticed, but there's been a bit of an explosion in that field this year.

In short, 4DS and competing ReRAM technologies could just be ushering in a new era of advances in computing. Just a little thing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 4DS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.7¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $135.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.7¢ 7.8¢ 7.6¢ $81.35K 1.059M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 84059 7.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.8¢ 60114 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
7.7¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.13 %)
Open High Low Volume
7.7¢ 7.8¢ 7.6¢ 780895
Last updated 15.57pm 16/05/2024 ?
4DS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.