MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

If and when my bet is on Sherritt... ..makes sense doesn't...

1. 13 Posts.
    If and when my bet is on Sherritt... ..makes sense doesn't it...? Cuba currently produces approximately 80,000 barrels per day representing only ~50% of the oil consumption of the country. The majority of the oil industry is currently operated by the national oil company, CUPET and there is only one foreign company, Sherritt International from Canada, currently producing oil in Cuba. In 2014 the Cuban Government passed the Foreign Investment Act encouraging new investment in Cuba, including setting a corporate tax rate between 15% and 22.5% with a corporate tax holiday for the first eight years. The Block 9 PSC was awarded to MEO (100%) in September 2015. Block 9 covers approximately 2,380 km2 of predominantly low lying farmland on the north coast of Cuba approximately 130 km east of Havana. It is in a proven hydrocarbon system with multiple discoveries within close proximity, including the multi-billion barrel Varadero oil field. Block 9 contains the Motembo field*, the first oil field discovered in Cuba. It has an existing petroleum exploration dataset of modern 2D seismic and multiple wells with oil and gas shows and recoveries. http://www.meoaustralia.com.au/icms_docs/225378_Cuba_–_Block_9_PSC_Flyer.PDF

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.