EGR 3.13% 9.9¢ ecograf limited

Thanks for the link kikass. Great read. The article highlighted...

1. 919 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 63
    Thanks for the link kikass. Great read. The article highlighted something else in a better way than I did a while ago, regarding John Park:

"He might add that he’s one of the few junior mining company directors around that actually has hands on experience of graphite mining, gleaned a decade or two ago when he worked on the Merelani project, also in Tanzania, and also about to come fully under Kibaran’s purview."

An interesting thought from the above statement is to reflect on who is on the board of each and every other graphite (explorer cum producer) company, and ask whether they have any previous experience in graphite, and the answer is highly likely to be "no". While that's not necessarily a deal stopper for any of them, I know I'd certainly prefer someone on our board who has been around graphite a couple of decades, and not just drilled a hole last year and called themselves a graphite miner.

I also would like to reiterate a previous point I made, related to the potential expansion.

"But ahead of that Kibaran has announced that it’s putting plans in place to boost concentrate output from Epanko from 40,000 tonnes to 100,000 tonnes over an initial five year period should the market support such production.
    That’s quite a step change, but John is clear that the fundamentals are in place to justify the expansion. “There’s an awful lot of nonsense spoken about the potential market for graphite”, John concedes, as there might be in any boom. “But there is going to be a large expansion. And we do actually know quite a lot about the graphite market. We’re very tied in with this European trader.”

KNL initially started out as a 20 ktpa target, and then later announced a buyer for it, sufficient to obtain finance for that amount.
    So they increased their target to 40 ktpa, and then later announced a buyer for it, sufficient to obtain finance for that amount.
    Now they've indicated a target increase from 40 ktpa to 75 ktpa, and subsequently to 100 ktpa. I wrote at the time of that announcement that our board are careful, conservative beasts. They would highly likely have had strategic discussions with a buyer (either existing or new) to know that that level of demand was going to be likely for KNL product. The comment above, from the article, is a strong hint that the EGT is is likely to be ramping up their demand in future, and that it's going to come from KNL's mine(s).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EGR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.9¢
Change
0.003(3.13%)
Mkt cap ! $44.94M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.0¢ 10.0¢ 9.9¢ $9.923K 99.30K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 299999 9.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.0¢ 23736 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.40pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EGR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.