WGX 6.14% $2.75 westgold resources limited.

Well... clearly I was wrong. WB has seemingly out-maneuvered RMS...

1. 11,932 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6612
    Well... clearly I was wrong. WB has seemingly out-maneuvered RMS for a change, which... is a plus, but... I really struggle to see the synergies, except the for obvious, both RMS and WGX Geo teams clearly love the U/G assets of Karora. Plus... is diluting holders 50% worth it...?

I can only assume that Karora wants WGX script far more than RMS (because RMS will soon become a single operational producer), plus, WGX are going to be able to run the Karora U/G with their own teams, so lower costs etc.

I can be honest and say I have no idea how the market will take this.... I still think they should have moved on smaller players to bolster the Bluebird plant, but I can only guess they will do this once they bed down Karora's assets (am I right in thinking this will be a pure 100% unhedged Australia producer?)

400k p.a medium term goal, longer term likely 500k p.a.

Finally... very strange timing, with the downgrade to production for FY24, as in... WGX is bargaining from a position of weakness, albeit, it was much much weaker not so long ago, so.... swing and roundabouts.

Looking forward to hearing more discussion from others.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WGX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.75
Change
-0.180(6.14%)
Mkt cap ! $2.593B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.89 $2.89 $2.74 $13.97M 5.024M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 46902 $2.75

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.76 11266 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WGX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.