TAW 0.00% 31.0¢ tawana resources nl

Guys, I'm as pi55ed as anyone that this has happened, so much so...

1. 602 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 49
    Guys, I'm as pi55ed as anyone that this has happened, so much so I was probably the first on the phoe to Tawana and the poor receptionist got an earful for which I apologised for at the end of the call and later in person. I did tell hwr to expect more though.

I was promised a call back but couldn't wait so headed down there, it's 20 mins from my house.
    I got there and MC had juat stepped out of a meeting and gave me 20 mins of his and the companys time ( the meeting was ongoing).
    I told MC I was on social media during and after our meeting and there was no objection to me sharing the convo.

The emphasis of matter referred to applies to AMAL accounts but Tawana also currently have an emphasis of matter on them (as do most junior producers / explorers accounts).
    The companies applied to have the matter dismissed as part of the merger process because TAW (ASX listed) had an eom and AMAL (not ASX listed) had an eom ss all in all the new company would still have an eom. The ASX rejected the application to dismiss AMALs eom. Hence todays announcement.

Asked about the anmouncement timing he said it had been sent to ASX earlier but they never released, Singapore released (probably prompting the sell down by those who watch both markets).

Asked about the timeline for the new listing he said he wanted it to be done by year end. The merger was too far down the line to call off and only 3 things can scuttle the merger.
    1) AMAL shareholders vote against a change to their constitution this Friday = no.merger as they vote not to be listed on the ASX.
    2) TAW shareholders vote no.

Do enough retail shareholders hold enough shares to vote it down??

3) TAW raise cash, hence scuppering the merger. They can't change the share registry during the merger process.
    MC also said TAW didn't need the cash and didn't need the dilution.

Asked about retail holders who are worried about their cash being locked away on the SGX he said there would be a facility set up to allow those able to to trade their sharea post merger and this he thought is allowed to run for 2 months post merger.
    The only problem may be for those who trade via margin and can't trade foreign exchanges, they would have to sell as per the rules of their margin- i'm not too up on this so took his word for it.
    This could be were some volatility is seen- thats my thoughts.

MC said they would look at putting a Q&A guide together for shareholders with regards to th different trading platforms that may be affected and unabke to trade through the facility.

He also said the shareholders meeting had been postponed not cancelled.

All in all as in any democracy we can vote against what we don't believe in, that is our right. Whether we are being shafted or not only time will tell.

Seriously I had had a real sh177y day today and got home to check theast few mins of the market, I was furious when I saw the announcement.

Fairr dues, MC gave me 20 mins mid meeting to hear my grievances and worries. The above is obviously not word for word but the context of the conversation is there.

I know @Un1qu3Nam3 has his fears of what may happen, I know him personally and I can now understand the real danger we face as investors.
    I offer no opinion on whether you should hold, buy more or sell, we all have our own risk levels.

GLTAH, DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TAW (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.