MSB 3.21% $1.13 mesoblast limited

Ann: Mesoblast Phase 3 Chronic Heart Failure Results, page-355

1. 431 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12023

@stockrock

Chest pain is the second most common presenting symptom to emergency departments (EDs), accounting for over six million visits in the USA each year [2]. As few as 10% of ED chest pain patients will ultimately be diagnosed with ACS, with many more undergoing prolonged ED observation or hospital admission to rule out ACS [3].

I think the trial result is unbelievable. The irony is that numbers of nonserious hospitalisations for MACE events totally distort the real number because it takes a similar amount of effort to confirm a diagnosis for heart attacks or stroke whether it is real, or the result of something far less serious . This is borne out in the clinical trial metadata...link provided below. In other words hospitals must go through a whole series of tests and keep patients in hospital for observation for potentially serious events that turn out (in 90% of the cases based on the evidence provided above )to be far less important .
    For example under a calculation for a “MACE” event, shortnessofbreath will require hospitalisation the same way as a real heart attack because of initial symptom preservation and patient history.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6169026/

I almost want to laugh at how wrong the market reaction is today. It’s totally unbelievable. What has been announced today is a new paradigm in the treatment of Grade 2 heart disease. I further believe, that soon Mesoblast will be able to prove ( through the use of biomarkers) when a further administration of MPCs cells by a repeat procedure will result in further major improvements to longevity. Please remember that Phase 2B patients with CHF are a distinct patient group with very elevated levels of NT Pro BNP...as such this therapy can have a very focussed target group. The dataset is further enriched because most of the Grade 2B patients have an added 2 years worth of data over the mean 30 months because most received treatment at the very start of the trial. This will be very important to both the FDA and insurance companies which will want to quantity the value per extra year of life added and reduce the cost burden of more intensive treatment associated with Grade III disease. The severity of the biomarker evidence is noted in the press release ....extract below.

”Baseline characteristics showed that both patient groups with NYHA class II or NYHA class III clinical grades had advanced disease, but those with NYHA class III disease had significantly greater severity (mean NT-proBNP 2568 pg/ml for NYHA class III vs 1842 pg/ml for NYHA class II, p=0.001).”

Please do not rely on the accuracy of facts or opinions expressed in the above post when making an investment decision . OP
    Last edited by otherperspective: 15/12/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.