MSB 0.54% 92.0¢ mesoblast limited

Many but not all are due to injection into the site:When...

1. 457 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 265
    Many but not all are due to injection into the site:
    When researchers microscopically and radiologically examine human joints after corticosteroid injections, the same results are found in humans as in animals. Intraarticular corticosteroid injections accelerate the osteoarthritic degenerative process. Because of this possibility, organizations such as the American College of Rheumatology acknowledge, “It is generally recommended, although not well supported by published data, that injection of corticosteroids in a given joint not be performed more than three to four times in a given year because of concern about the possible development of progressive cartilage damage through repeated injection in the weight-bearing joints.” It is this author’s opinion that there is no doubt that the rise of osteoarthritis, as well as the number of hip and knee replacements, is a direct result of the injection of corticosteroids into these joints.
    Journal of Prolotherapy. 2009;1(2):107-123.

Multiple injections into the site increases risk of other side effects.
    Corticosteroids every 3 to 4 months.
    Stemcells only once.
    Which do you think has the lower risk?

You also avoided the main point of my post so I will put it in upper case. THE PEOPLE IN THE TRIAL HAD FAILED TREATMENT WITH STEROIDS.
    Why would you inflict steroids again during a trial? Makes no sense to me.

Stemcells are not trying to replace corticosteroid injections. They are an option for those who have failed to gain benefit from steroid injections.
    Currently the only option for these people is opioids ( even though Guidelines recommend against this ).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
92.0¢
Change
-0.005(0.54%)
Mkt cap ! $1.050B
Open High Low Value Volume
92.0¢ 92.5¢ 91.5¢ $449.5K 488.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
26 180015 91.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
92.0¢ 47670 24
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.35am 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.