MSB 2.51% 97.0¢ mesoblast limited

Ann: Mesoblast Type A Meeting with FDA, page-571

1. 2,042 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1180
    Stan you wrote- I've bolded - you tagged me - I'm just seeing it now. I don't login much.

@JB1975
    I have great respect for your scientific knowledge greatly but surely a scientific process should be as much about reasoning as about facts and I’ve set out my reasoning why a RCT in aGvHD could never have been for the greater good.

A scientific process is about reasoning and about facts I agree with that if that is your foundational premise. But nobody can credibly claim a process is scientific in my opinion if that claim contains a contradiction with know facts in its premises. There is not much value in reasoning logically from false premises and upon misunderstood facts - that is what sophists do. Maybe lawyers
    sometimes when they are trying to persuade.

I haven't read you reasoning for why a RCT in acute graft versus host disease could never (sic -your word "never") have been for the greater good - but I don't think I need to because I understand that Osiris before Mesoblast did do an RCT and there are plenty of times, particularly in the early exploration of the causes of diseases and when no one knows the best ways to proceed that the best way, the most efficient and fair way, the way that shares the risk amongst those unfortunate enough to have the condition for which no known cures exists to then then state of science knowledge, is to do randomised controlled trial. Arguments to the contrary, in my opinion simply don't understand the nature of statistics and of chance.

When the only way to discover causes is by varying things that could be related to the causes in some cases and not varying those things in other cases - that is the best way to proceed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.