MSB 7.69% $1.19 mesoblast limited

Ann: Mesoblast Update on COVID-19 ARDS Trial, page-386

1. 693 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 266
    "... and a weak ASX that lets companies get away with a lack of transparency in reporting their trial results."

The ASX has guidelines for reporting clinical trial results, and MSB consistently ignores them. The most recent example is the CHF results where they have not reported either the primary or secondary endpoint results - but reported on post hoc results that were not listed as either primary or secondary!

I was always worried about covid-ARDS. It was a typical "cheap and dirty" approach based on no pre-clinical data, and built on assumptions it worked in COPD (BTW, it didn't!). My concerns related to the hype around the Mt Sinai results, which were compared not to the experience at Mt Sinai (which presumably would have been good to excellent) but to some undisclosed hospitals which clearly had a poor experience.

But it seems, like a few other biotechs, MSB found it difficult to resist jumping on the covid bandwagon - to the detriment of their shareholders (of which I was one).

The whole sorry saga just highlights a continuing lack of transparency - a trait unfortunately not just confined to MSB in this sector.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.19
Change
0.085(7.69%)
Mkt cap ! $1.358B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.10 $1.20 $1.09 $13.21M 11.37M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 15000 $1.19

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.19 75212 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.