ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 17,037 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2413
    Well I'm not sure that's correct. This trial simply was to see if MSB's Remestemcel-L actually improved the outcomes of severely ill patients with ARDS compared with the maximal standard of care. The figures that SI quoted initially compared the results of the preliminary study with what appeared to be the worst outcomes from an unknown hospital in New York. Other hospitals in other cities and other parts of the world had much better outcomes. Probably SI really believed it really would improve outcomes, he's been on a decade long crusade to find something that it's useful for. Now it seems that irrespective of the style of "maximal care", Remestemcel-L doesn't change outcomes.

Overnight MSB shot up from a $1.5B company to a $3B company on the back of SI's announcement that it made a huge improvement to outcomes and ever the opportunist he harvested some funds from willing investors. That happened on simple greed.

If the trials had been successful, shareholders would have been perfectly happy. Reality is they weren't and the doubts over whether SI's treatments have any clinical usefulness are going to surface. Money was created out of thin air and has evaporated back into the ether, and some has swapped hands.

What can I say. I probably sound like somebody's parent...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.