MSB 2.17% $1.13 mesoblast limited

I'm certainly no doctor, but it does appear that a clear pattern...

1. 101 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 39
    I'm certainly no doctor, but it does appear that a clear pattern is emerging.

In both this and the CHF trials, we find that it works well for the right patients i.e. those patients that still have healthy tissue to protect. It seems that, in these cases, the cells do their thing by reducing inflammation, and protecting vital organs from scaring and unrecoverable damage.

It just isn't going to help a patients that get the treatment too late i.e. where irreversible damage (such as scaring) has already occurred.

The results are not as good in this reading because we have recruited a lower proportion of younger patients, who would have more healthy tissue to preserve. SI said it works best on patients that "have tissue to be protected" and we effectively had a lower portion of these in the latest readout. In CHF, we see a huge improvement to mortality rates in people in phase 2 of the illness...it greatly reduced the likelihood of getting to phase 3. That is exactly what we should expect given the way this treatment works.

Bottom line is these that cells don't cure Covid 19 or CHF, they reduce the damage caused too vital organs as a result of these diseases, and they appear to do this very well - a 60% improvement in mortality for CHF is remarkable. What they can't do is repair an organ that is already permanently scarred or damaged.
    Last edited by garthhunt: 18/12/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.13
Change
-0.025(2.17%)
Mkt cap ! $1.284B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.15 $1.16 $1.11 $7.363M 6.488M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 94863 $1.13

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.13 5000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.