MST 0.00% 0.1¢ metal storm limited

Ann: Metal Storm, DSTO and Airtronic USA, Inc. Si, page-10

1. 20,218 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1782
    re: Ann: Metal Storm, DSTO and Airtronic USA,... Something has been niggling me on this and I can't sleep!

Firstly, after thinking on this for a while, I believe the US DOD is driving this variable velocity request and perhaps the Oz DoD as well, why ? because I believe I they may have already seen it in action? where MPM.

Secondly I believe the DSTO has already built a prototype for this MLGLS, see below from the release where it says further develop, it's a bit like a politician never asking a question they don't already know the answer to in my opinion, it is more than likely just about ready with a few minor adjustments perhaps and I do not believe metalstorm would have to pay anything for this development, I reckon the US DoD will be footing the bill?

"a Collaboration Agreement with the Australian Defense Science and Technology Organisation (DSTO) and Airtronic USA, Inc to further develop and demonstrate a 40mm Managed Lethality Grenade Launching System (MLGLS)."

Something that has bothered me since yesterdays announcement is, I very much doubt that metalstorm would cannabalise it's own 40mm platforms to aid another competitor, unless of course there was a compelling reason to do so? let me run a what if situation by you.

What if the US DOD after seeing variable lethality in action decided they needed this ability ASAP in their M203's that they already use in the field? What if they said to metalstorm , look we are going to give you contracts for the 3GL, but at this time we do not have the budget to completely replace all of the M203's just yet and you don't have the capacity to deliver all of what would be required in a short space of time anyway, what if we asked you to give Airtronics a five year license to be able to deliver this ability as soon as possible with the understanding that we will replace all of the M203's within five years?

Does this make sense?

If this is what is happening then I am more than happy for metalstorm to go along with something like this, but there is also something else worth considering, if the US does like this variable velocity/lethality so much? then the MPM is a given in my opinion, especially when you consider that they also want the electronically fired large caliber multiple projectile round, because I believe it too will have this ability,but more importantly, because venom does not and I very much doubt that metalstorm would sell it to them, I would be gobsmacked if they did.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MST (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.