MST 0.00% 0.1¢ metal storm limited

Ann: Metal Storm, DSTO and Airtronic USA, Inc. Si, page-41

1. 20,237 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1783
    re: Ann: Metal Storm, DSTO and Airtronic USA,... DeMan, you will notice in the announcement that the selectable velocity round for the M203 is only for Non Lethal rounds, I believe that technology of selectable velocity can also be used with lethal rounds as well,not sure if this is because metalstorm are keeping that for themselves in the 3GL or whether they haven't quite perfected it as of yet in things like HE? if metalstorm intend to keep the selectable velocity in lethal rounds for themselves then that would be great because it is a really good selling point.

It would give the Users of the selectable velocity in the non lethal rounds in the M203 a taste of what is available in the 3GL but with three times the fire power and also selectable velocity in both lethal and non lethal?

There could no longer be any objections against electronic firing and the BS that came out about batteries etc, they will have already used it the tech and will have become familiar with it.

As for a M203 becoming a three shot weapon the same as the 3GL? I can't see that happening, the rounds used in an M203 are totally different to the rounds used in the 3GL, all metalstorm and Airtronics with the help of the DSTO will do is modify the M203 to take a round that has also been modified to stacked propellant tech, but only for Non Lethal

I believe the 3GL when it is firing selectable velocity will also be using stacked propellant tech, not stacked round technology as such i.e it wont be using the second round to fire the first with an increased velocity, it will only fire one round at a time, but it is semiautomatic, that is, as fast as you can pull the trigger it will fire the next round and it will have a choice of a number of discrete propellant loads behind each round that can be fired to give a choice of velocities/ranges for that round, the sighting sYstem will be the same as will be used with the M 203 to tell the round how many propellant loads to fire depending on the range and the require KE, the fact that the M203 will use exactly the same sighting system as the 3GL will make it very easy to upgrade to a 3GL in the future.

By the way a 3GL with one round left in the breech is a 1GL.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MST (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.