MTS 0.56% $3.59 metcash limited

So how else would you have rather MTS found the acquisition...

1. 4,909 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2771
    So how else would you have rather MTS found the acquisition @Squirrel88?

You need to be realistic with the company's options here. They couldn't issue script to purchase the business, 100% debt funding the purchase would not have boded well for the balance sheet, pushing gearing levels to the upper end & beyond many analysts comfort levels.

Unless it was going to be double digit earnings accretion in year one, there is no way that insto's would of paid a premium to the last share price. I think they got the mix right, 50% debt + 50% equity and they were able to raise it at a very minor discount to the last traded price ($2.06). Retail shareholders should be thankful that the company extended the capital raising via an SPP as it could of been quite easy to bypass the SPP all together and raise an extra $10mil - $15mil via the insto placement.

It's good to see MTS short interest starting to unwind (still plenty to go). A meaningful upgrade to expectations from the company at the AGM would send the shorters into a frenzy to cover and push MTS through the $2.20 resistance.

http://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=MTS

I think the hardware businesses for both MTS & Bunnings over the next 4 months will be impacted by the fire sale taking place at Master's stores. You can't go pushing that amount of stock into the market place without other retailers taking a hit to earnings.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MTS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.