CMM 1.08% $4.70 capricorn metals ltd

All good Ed, and I def did not think you were being...

1. 11,692 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6104
    All good Ed, and I def did not think you were being negative.
    Realistic is the best way to view almost everything on the ASX, perhaps... even somewhat pessimistic! ha.

Until recently, I had pretty much discounted CMM having any really meaningful discoveries around Karlawinda, yet... in the last few months, the Geo team seems to be honing in on what at first glance, look like economic discoveries (Berwick and Vedas), which... look to be shallow enough for small targeted open pits, at grades.... well above 0.8g/t anyway. I mean, Karlawinda has a 12 year mine life on its own after the recent reserve update. Mine life is not the goal anymore, its about increasing the grade and keeping costs low.

As you say with Mt Gibson, the upside is phenomenal, though, I do take note that CMM have basically spent $30m on drilling it over the past 18 months. As in, yes, they snagged a bargain, but.... it still costs a lot more to actually just prove up an acquisition.

In the end, while I wish I had been able to recognise how good the board were going to be, I am looking forward to seeing what they can do over the next 10+ years (I hope to hold for many years of dividends). The board have clearly learned an awful lot from RRL and even before hand.

I was a little surprised to hear the team mention that they are always looking and could... even look at an asset in production, as in.... is there an asset in W.A that if in their hands, could be far more valuable, yet... able to be acquired at a very cheap price? I guess I just struggle to think of one....
    perhaps KOTH? Hemi (DEG), but... that is waaay bigger than the current CMM projects... Some might look at AUC, but... I just just don't like the asset, nothing close to Karlawinda or Mt Gibson, but that is just me (ha.... CMM could make an offer on it tomorrow).

@AusDangPowers - cheers, just passing the time and hoping that my constant rambling keep me rethinking my thesis on stocks like CMM.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CMM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.70
Change
0.050(1.08%)
Mkt cap ! $1.789B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.70 $4.76 $4.66 $1.532M 324.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
24 9221 $4.69

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.70 391 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.58pm 06/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$4.71
  Change
0.050 ( 1.35 %)
Open High Low Volume
$4.70 $4.76 $4.67 96987
Last updated 15.16pm 06/06/2024 ?
CMM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.