MGU 0.00% 1.3¢ magnum mining and exploration limited

Ann: MGU Green Iron production strategy for development & growth, page-22

1. 1,461 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1006
    I just can't wrap my head around this one.

I believe @kaiseriqbal did a great analysis of the potential cost of the DSO phase based on several verifiable numbers and some reasonable assumptions based on comparison to similar operations. He came to a cost of $73USD CFR China. Could he be off 10 or 20%? Sure! But I would think the cost should stay under $100USD easily.

So why the cancelation?

Honestly there is a lot of chatter about how China is tanking the IO price, but really its not China! Its Covid with several parts of china and several large economies in Asia (Vietnam, Indonesia, India) either fully or partly in lockdown (not to mention most of Australia and also now New Zealand). On top of that we have many supply line issues with as an example Toyota slashing production by 40%!
    Obviously this has a huge, but very much temporary, impact on steel/IO demand. This demand should pick back up once these lockdowns end and there may be a waiting list for Toyota's!

Honestly I can't see them not being able to profitably produce and ship the DSO at current prices. I also would think they are very much jumping the gun if they assume IO prices will continue to fall and not bounce back before December. I don't believe they can predict this accurately and they shouldn't make a decision purely based on current negative sentiment.

This is just all very strange. Something doesn't seem to add up.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MGU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $10.52M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.3¢ 1.4¢ 1.3¢ $2.201K 168.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
18 2291164 1.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.3¢ 19210 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MGU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.