MIK 0.00% 1.5¢ mikoh corporation limited

Ann: MIKOH Secures Ten Year EVR System Contract i, page-5

1. 20,245 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1786
    re: Ann: MIKOH Secures Ten Year EVR System Co... I had another read JWT of the links you previously posted, there was one article that caught my attention this time, I don;t particularly like the sound of this, because I have never ever seen a tax that the government relinquishes when another is supposed to replace it! they are liars!
    It would be a far more equitable system,and it is a really good idea, it would require RFID in my opinion, but the governments have themselves to blame when people don't believe them for one minute that they will remove all the other taxes, they have proven track records that say otherwise!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Austrailia budgetproposal 'billed by automatic vehicle identification'fordrivers
    Post by: byron m on March 09, 2008, 10:43:45 AM
    Quote:
    MOTORISTS will be automatically hit with a special levy when they drive on congested roads under proposed tax changes now before the Federal Government.

They would be instantly billed by automatic vehicle identification systems such as those used to monitor cars on toll roads.

But motorists who drove in non-peak periods and had environmentally friendly cars would pay less for the right to have a vehicle.

The proposal is contained in a Budget submission to the Government by the Australian Automobile Association, representing the nation's eight driver service organisations, including the NRMA.

The proposed system has been likened to mobile phone charges. The mobile owner pays one fee to enter the system but all other costs depend on when, to where, how often and for how long calls are made.

The new tax on drivers would include an "access charge" and a "user charge". This tax structure would replace existing charges motorists pay - federal fuel excise, GST on petrol, state registration charges, stamp duty on registration and road tolls.

The amount of the user charge would depend on the size of the vehicle and the wear it causes roads, an environmental charge related to engine capacity, a levy to cover the costs of crashes and the congestion charge.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MIK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.