BRN 3.23% 16.0¢ brainchip holdings ltd

Ann: Milestone 2 Achieved, page-279

1. 2,369 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 67
    Hi Cafa,

You are missing the point here again.
    There are 2 things to consider in what has been achieved and released to the market

1) Achieving something at a scale that can be replicated in hardware at current market preferably silicon chips.
    2) Breaking the word record by scaling the processor with billions of neurons and synapses.

Now if you are Google X or Space X who has the need to solve problems like knowledge graph or how would we solve for gravity velocity equations then point 2 becomes necessary. That you would need a processor with billions of neurons and associated synapses to solve for those problems. For an example Google X recently created a neural network used 1000 processors and 16000 cores to detect images , cat videos and animals/humans from a range of images fed to the system. Now a brainchip can achieve that by simply scaling the neurons and synapses on one single chip. All of this with time that depreciates in making a judgement every time.

But value proposition for BRN lies in point 1 and being the first to market to cater to smaller tech organization and reaping huge royalties out of it.

There have been some other people who have raised the assertion that there is no proof and no evidence that this was achieved which is as naive as the ones claiming this is simply not achievable. If you go back and read tbrin's post he clearly mentions that BRN have engaged independent experts to validate that the technology works. Apart from Peter who knows about the tech, the chairman and other people involved would feel really clueless if the independent validations did not occur and we all just believed or took someone's word for it.

In fact if you read the announcement properly it says that

Now if you have ever worked on a large project then you know that the project is usually broken-down into deliverables and each deliverable is associated with a schedule of payment. It seems for me this is a normal reading but other fellow HC punters might want to know that indeed proof of concept or a working prototype is often a point when a large company commits to the project at hand and is ready to substantially spend a large amount of money into further developments.

Peter just reiterated the fact that Fortune 500 (I think it is Qualcomm) helped them design the milestones so that they think that achieving this on a FPGA is significantly harder then what you guys are crediting the CTO for. I think whoever the Fortune 500 is also thinks the associated performance share are the "payment" in lieu of achieving the goal.

Well there is the announcement to the market as a proof . When you invest money in a mining company do you personally go and see each mine to validate how much gold/silver/copper there is ?
    See this is the problem that brokers control their clients interest and the clients are more interested about steady growth in lieu of capital erosion. There is always a risk. If you had invested you money in OIL , GAS , Drugs , Mines or even retail you had probably be sitting on less capital today. Before you go about looking for peer validation or broker assurances wonder whether anyone out there understands the tech here.

When computers were invented apart from the geeks no one flocked to them and look where you are reading this post on ? For me there are quite a few tidbits that get me excited but well everyone has the guts to invest at different level.

Woking in a large bank or tech industry which requires extensive paperwork are we ? Pythagoras theorem was 5 lines . Kids study that today and also forms the most basic understanding on how to arrive at proof of concept. You don't need pages and pages to prove something. You could do it in one single page.

Infact a non tech investor is more likely to invest if you present your idea on a single A4 sized paper double margin and 12 point font. Take that to the bank and they would laugh you out of the door.

BRN does not need complicated proof it just needs a working prototype.

Well I have posted about the volume here before but let me tell you this once again and all IMO.
    Retail or mug punters cannot cough up 200K in one transaction and do it all day. There is other things at play here and hopefully we all get to know how big the "thing is " in the next few weeks as we continue to name some of the most prominent names in neuroscience industry from CA ironically also from where the father of neuroscience was.
    Last edited by neutralopinions: 31/10/15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
16.0¢
Change
0.005(3.23%)
Mkt cap ! $313.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
15.5¢ 16.5¢ 15.5¢ $408.8K 2.574M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 220369 16.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
16.5¢ 758961 19
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.