BRN 2.00% 24.5¢ brainchip holdings ltd

Hiyo, rise (nice catch on the "...ramp it to $5" btw), to be...

1. gga
    1,125 Posts.
    Hiyo, rise (nice catch on the "...ramp it to $5" btw), to be honest, I'd have to say "I dunno" (shrugs shoulders)...
    Um, okay...elaboration: I gave myself a break from HC (& to a lesser extent, the stockmarket in general) from mid-May onwards if I remember correctly - debilitating back pain (I never used to believe those 'A Current Affair' stories until it happened to me!) and... just got sick and tired of reading all the troll-crap (eg. BV, qqqqq, eshmun) foisted onto HC.
    Only came back (intermittently) recently, and have been in lurker mode - if I don't have anything to contribute, I don't want to waste anyone's time - I had more enjoyment/productivity doing other 'things', and reading up on my great loves of boxing/combat sports, movies, behavioural economics, science etc. Eg. weird (& horrifying) stuff like this www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2015/11/04/454066109/a-man-in-colombia-got-cancer-and-it-came-from-a-tapeworm (cancer in a parasite spreads to its human host!)

As to the "I dunno", my feeble little brain can barely wrap its head around the technical stuff so I leave that to the likes of MSIMaker, the erstwhile evilopinions et al. On the one hand, I feel that the validation should have come in the M2 announcement, on the other hand, I feel that is more because we have our own 'nutty professor' as our CEO than because of any shenanigans. On the one hand, it doesn't sit right that validation came from someone who sits on the advisory board, on the other hand, these guys would ALL have to be simultaneously planning a pretty spectacular crash & burn to trash their reputations.

Those of us who are investors, must by necessity, take a certain leap of faith in our venture(s)... I don't want to be a Joel Greenblatt haranguing Dr Michael Burry (people! please leave Peter alone and give him some leeway to do his job), nor do I want to be a Ronald Wayne to an Apple Computer*!
    *Mr Wayne is the forgotten third founder of Apple - he left the company after 12 days, with takings of just $800. He owned TEN percent of Apple Computer - "Obviously he didn't have the foresight to know what Apple would become. Like any company in the very early stages, there's a risk associated and you've got to be willing to take it, or you're not" - http://edition.cnn.com/2010/TECH/web/06/24/apple.forgotten.founder/. I've noticed a lot of you have remarked that Facebook often announces that it has acquired this technology company or that technology company. Just five years ago, a young man was asking around about the commercial viability of his application. It (WhatsApp) was bought last year by Facebook, for U$19bn. , 'twas a tad disingenuous of me, but my point is, from little acorns do mighty oaks grow!

====================================================

Apologies - yes... context is extremely important, in the absence of body language/spoken tenor.

As to your original question - I believe think that Burt&Erine, NewToItAll, samuelG*, 952i*, selfieking* are among those who have committed a large proportion of their capital to BRN (based on what they have posted). *very plausibly so

Some such as Law of Averages, have bought it in around 5oc and are holding strong; others, such as friartuck, have made out with a small profit and eagerly watching for developments.

As for me, my Sentiment is Hold instead of Buy because I cannot buy any more - am loaded up to my eyeballs. I am in the 7-figure unit(s) club. I posted this in early May - "...and some of them were mocking/laughing at Red Emperor, me and some others for disclosing the units we bought AZK and at what price" http://hotcopper.com.au/threads/earnest-projections-and-advice.2504049/page-119?post_id=15203287 - I am either going to be soaring with the eagles, or sleeping with the fishes!

===================================================

Hi HSydney, argh.. now RSI kicking in.. reply: please see first paragraph to rise from the ashes (all I will say is, you're a good Mum, buying your kid some BRN)

Once my mum went on a trip and asked me what I wanted; I specifically said that I wanted a Sony MiniDisc* recorder and even gave her a piece of paper explicitly saying I didn't want any other brand if she couldn't source a Sony... she came back with an Aiwa. I miss me mum.
    * the Middle Ages version of an iPod; the caveman version was of course, the unbeatable Walkman.

Geez, taken me ages to hunt n' peck type up, good night all (just waiting for those fruitful deals to reel in...)
    Last edited by gga: 06/11/15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
24.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.00%)
Mkt cap ! $454.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
24.5¢ 25.0¢ 24.0¢ $2.351M 9.583M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 212207 24.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
25.0¢ 372207 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
24.5¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 2.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
24.5¢ 25.0¢ 24.0¢ 7464422
Last updated 15.58pm 03/05/2024 ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.