NWE 0.00% 5.6¢ norwest energy nl

Ann: MIN: MinRes extends Norwest Energy NL Offer, page-30

1. 6,372 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1979
    Yes, have been quite open about always intending to de-risk prior to the drilling event. Would have preferred to sell on market and keep some NWE shares but with the decoupling of the SP, I would have had to sell NWE at 6c and was getting implied value of 6.5c plus the dividend by accepting. Luckily has gone up from there so far. Its a shame we couldn't do partial acceptance.

Current plan is to sell down MIN when i get the shares (ex dividend) so realise the cash and pay off the home loan which was always the plan. Then depending on what the SP does, buy back into NWE with probably around double what i originally invested way back and might hold some MIN as well. That way i should end up pretty much where i had always planned to be in terms of cash at risk going into the next drills but just in a very convoluted way thanks to our good friend CE.

(and yes i will have to pay CGT but i would have had to do that anyway. And yes i lose the CGT discount for any future profits should they arise in the next 12 months, but that's just the way it is and a small consideration in the scheme of my situation).

Have no idea how this will all play out but am comfortable with my decision in terms of what the cash means to my family.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.