CUE 0.00% 13.0¢ cue energy resources limited

re: Ann: MINE: CUE: Naga Utara-1 Well, Mahaka... This from PNG...

1. 392 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    re: Ann: MINE: CUE: Naga Utara-1 Well, Mahaka... This from PNG industry news...

CUE Energy’s investment in the Mahakam Hilir production sharing contract in the Kutei Basin of Indonesia’s East Kalimantan province could soon start paying dividends, with the Naga Utara-1 well hitting more gas.

The Naga Utara-1 sidetrack was drilled to a depth of 5066 feet and encountered the same high pressure gas zone evident in the original well bore from 4825-4880ft.

An additional gas bearing sandstone was also encountered at 4975-5040ft.

Naga Utara is the first of two drill-ready prospects to be drilled on the Mahakam Hilir PSC.

The well was originally planned to be drilled to a total depth of 5500ft but was stopped at 5066ft due to the influx of high gas pressure from the lower sandstone interval and unsuitable pressure rig equipment

Cue said operator Singapore Petroleum Company, a PetroChina subsidiary, would now move to evaluate the interval with wireline logs and design an appraisal well to be drilled with appropriate high pressure rig equipment.

Cue has a 40% interest in the well which lies next to the Sambutan gas field that currently produces about 10 million cubic feet per day.

Cue farmed into the onshore Mahakam Hilir PSC in June last year.

http://www.pngindustrynews.net/storyview.asp?storyid=3201594

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CUE (NZSX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.