HIO 0.00% 2.4¢ hawsons iron ltd

Ann: Mineral Resource Upgrade, page-62

1. 911 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1002
    @denitoooo - I appreciate your research and good question to raise.

I am not a mining expert so I don't have a technical answer. However, I wonder if this is in part a reaction to the tailing dam disasters in Brazil.

By this I mean that prior to the Grenfell Tower fire in the UK, no one thought too much about the cladding that went on a building. However, a building consultant would now be negligent not to highlight building cladding as a risk.

Therefore, following the Brazil tailing dam failures, a mining consultant would be negligent not to highlight tailing dams as a risk.

Having said that, it still could very well be a significant risk. If the original plan was to use some of the waste being mined to create a dam above the natural ground level, then the dam walls could be a risk of failure. However, I can't help but think that the worst case scenario is that they need to dig some more holes in the ground for the tailing dams. Unlike the rainy mountainous area of Brazil where there have been tailing dam issues, Hawsons is a flat terrain with a dry climate, it should be fairly easy to dig a few tailings dams in the relatively flat area around Hawsons that have a very low risk of failure.

Happy to be guided by others with more technical knowledge. Perhaps, worthy of a question at the AGM to get some clarity on the issue?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HIO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $24.39M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.4¢ 2.4¢ 2.4¢ $4.588K 191.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 200000 2.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.4¢ 60204 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.58pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HIO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.