HIO 3.23% 3.2¢ hawsons iron ltd

Poster Boy? hmmm.... I am a huge fan of green steel and truly...

1. 200 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 360
    Poster Boy? hmmm.... I am a huge fan of green steel and truly believe this to be the future for global steel production.

Why do I mainly post on MGT and HIO?
    Well, this is my area of expertise and interest. Not much point in me posting on bnpl companies as I have little knowledge or interest.

Is there anything good about HIO or is it just Doom and Gloom?
    Plenty of good, my concerns have been spelled out clearly. Surely things do not need to be either black or white??

What are my concerns?
    I don't think a small minerals explorer can go from zero production to the largest output from a single open pit in a single hit. (massive risk)
    I don't think the quantity of water needed will be available.
    I feel there's a snow flakes chance in hell of doing it on a $3 billion budget.

If HIO was following a small start up and growth plan my money would be back in HIO.

I given examples to highlight my concerns, research Karara Mine. This will give you an idea of the challenges HIO face.

Karara Mine consumes 5 megalitres of water per annum, they ship 8mtpa of "Dry" product, <10% moisture. (They have a licence for around 7.5 megalitres).
    Ask HIO management how much water they plan to use (or wait for the BFS and hope its covered), my concern is where will this water be sourced from.

MGT with a 3mtpa start up, shipping a dry product will find sourcing water difficult as well, however considering HIO plan to pump a slurry 400+ kms to a dewatering plant on the coast there is not much water recycling happening...

Anyway I hope HIO and MGT can both get up and become successful miners, for my company there will be tens of millions in capital equipment sales.....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HIO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.2¢
Change
0.001(3.23%)
Mkt cap ! $31.31M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.2¢ 3.2¢ 3.0¢ $157.0K 5.004M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 394019 3.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.2¢ 441587 39
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
3.2¢
  Change
0.001 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
3.1¢ 3.2¢ 3.0¢ 2451057
Last updated 14.33pm 06/05/2024 ?
HIO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.