CAY 1.10% 9.0¢ canyon resources limited

From todays ASX announcement. I have put in bold some highlightI...

1. 809 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 234
    From todays ASX announcement. I have put in bold some highlight

I also note that is is no mention of the 2 billion tons as was mentioned by the Cameroon media

Highlights

• Consultants and contractors visitproject sites and transport corridors from the mine to ports.

• Stakeholder engagement gathering atMinim Martap Camp attended by senior government and community

representatives.

• National and local sentimentoverwhelmingly positive.

• PFS well developed and on track forrelease in Q2 2020.

• PFS underpinned by JORC 2012mineral resource estimate at 892 Mt at 45.1% Al2O3, 2.8% SiO2 (Cut-off Grade35%

Al2O3), including a very high gradecomponent of 431 Mt at 48.8% Al2O3, 2.8% SiO2 (Cut-off Grade 45% Al2O3)

Canyon Resources Limited (Canyon or the Company) is pleased to announce that a consultant and contracting site visit has been completed at the Minim Martap Bauxite Project (the Project) in Cameroon for the purposes of accelerating the technical and commercial elements of the Project.

The visit included an inspection of the entire supply chain from mine to port, including traveling on the Camrail rail line and detailed site visits of the Douala and Kribi Ports, meetings with key members of regulatory and governing bodies and consultation with affected communities and elders and chiefs. The visit has been covered by the major news agencies of Cameroon.

The consultants and experts attending the site were selected for their expertise and ability to help expedite the development of the project and included groups currently working on the pre-feasibility study (PFS). The guests included experts in mining, logistics, rail, port, earthworks and roadbuilding as well as social and environmental impact consultants. The companies represented included Ausenco, Beacop, Earth Moving Worldwide, Mota-Engil and Environmental Social Sustainability and the visit was accompanied by representatives of various Cameroon media

As part of the site visit a welcome and introduction gathering was held at the Project’s Bobodji exploration camp and was attended by the regional Sous-Préfet (Deputy Regional Administrator), local village chiefs, elders and other representatives of the local and regional Government.

The Camalco team presented the work completed to date which included the completion of a JORC 2012 mineral resource estimate, delivered within 12 months of the granting of the exploration permits. The sentiment was

overwhelmingly positive towards theproject and the proposed direction of the PFS and strategy for Projectexecution.

Canyon’s Director of Projects, James Durrant, hosted the site visit and commented: “It was extremely valuable to host the visit which brought different groups interfacing together with the sole focus of advancing the development of this globally significant bauxiteproject in a responsible and efficient manner.”

“The superb organisation of this visit is a reflection of the quality of the Camalco team on the ground in Cameroon, and I thank, on behalf of the business, all those that made it possible and who are contributing to our goal of bringing the Minim-Martap Bauxite project into production as quickly as possible.”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.0¢
Change
-0.001(1.10%)
Mkt cap ! $130.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.2¢ 9.2¢ 9.0¢ $48.42K 537.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1266124 9.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.1¢ 50221 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.38am 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CAY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.