BYE 1.64% 6.0¢ byron energy limited

Because communicating with shareholders is not optional, it's...

1. 4,801 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3835
    Because communicating with shareholders is not optional, it's something called accountability/good governance/full disclosure? If the company can't afford a few hundred self-addressed envelopes, then it probably can't afford to drill offshore oil exploration holes? The cost of a drill rig per hour would dwarf the cost of a few hundred or a thousand or so self-addressed envelopes so if we even accept the ridiculous notion that the company can't afford to keep its shareholders informed, then why did I tick the electronic only communication preference and then still get this in the mail? Let's join the 20th century now shall we, given we are now in the 21st century of communication preferences. If they really are all about efficiencies and more agile communication, then how about doing that? The company knew that I wanted electronic comms only, and yet still hasn't given me an efficient electronic method to make my own decision and wasted money posting out individualized forms complaining about a shareholding register and the costs of maintaining that is completely typical.

Please let me know the amount that investors need to invest in a company for them to be considered "serious" investors. Interesting that you think that only "serious" investors can have the legal protections and expectations of proper communication. Perhaps we should all sell our shareholdings and just put all our money into large super funds or ETFs?

Its more likely in the interests of BYE management probably for their own KPI reasons rather than any desperate attempt to save a trivial amount of money, that pales to insignificance given the operating costs and capital costs of oil exploration.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BYE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.0¢
Change
-0.001(1.64%)
Mkt cap ! $64.72M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.4¢ 6.4¢ 5.7¢ $36.83K 614.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 600000 5.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.0¢ 103244 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.9¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 3.28 %)
Open High Low Volume
6.5¢ 6.5¢ 5.7¢ 124196
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
BYE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.