STX 12.0% 28.0¢ strike energy limited

Ann: Minimum Holding Share Buy Back, page-13

1. 144 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 53
    Agreed - I'd think not.

And the 24c level is a bit cheeky. I'm not sure if it will be met with great enthusiasm.

And to correct an earlier poster, it's not mandatory acquisition, it is opt-in, so at best they may tidy up some, maybe most, but not all of these UPs, which really is just a smokescreen activity. On market buy backs have wonderfully positive effects on a SP....but this is not that. I suspect there was a sense of desperation around the ExCo - 'what can we give the market during a quiet time, to placate increasingly agitated shareholders?'. Because this is a fairly trivial activity. Some people just love having the dinner bell rung.

On the other hand, maybe the STX office was sitting around running a book on how many of the hyperbolic HC types would fly off on their tangential 'this is a clear sign of a TO.....the dark forces are gathering.....everyone else bar me should buy as much stock as possible whilst 'we' can'. On which, they'd be spot on.

Share price goes down 'shorters are trying to make the most of this opportunity, as word on the street is Gina is readying for a TO'
    Share price goes up 'we own the best dirt in the PB. Everyone wants us. We'll get taken out any day'
    Share price goes sideways 'it's deliberately being suppressed to get a lower VWAP in readiness for a TO'

We could even become insolvent....and we'll be ripe for a takeover.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
28.0¢
Change
0.030(12.0%)
Mkt cap ! $801.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
24.5¢ 28.3¢ 24.5¢ $7.221M 26.82M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 293004 27.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
28.0¢ 820079 16
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.