AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Using Kamoa Copper (Ivanhoe Mine) in DRC as a proxy, it...

1. 331 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 333
    Using Kamoa Copper (Ivanhoe Mine) in DRC as a proxy, it "appears" that Ivanhoe paid CAD $8.64mil in surface leases in 2020.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4318/4318528-aea3a78b4641c3bcc6bd7517a1c10eab.jpg

Below is what was written in the related technical report regarding the Surface Rights (https://www.ivanhoemines.com/site/assets/files/5095/kamoa-kakula-idp-october2020.pdf)

4.4 Surface Rights
    ...Kamoa Copper SA holds no surface rights...However, ...Kamoa Copper SA is
    authorised to occupy the parcels of land required for its activities.

The surface rights for the whole surface covered by the mining rights belongs to the DRC
    State. Kamoa has completed a process of compensation to communities and individual
    farmers for the loss of land and for fields inside the 7 km2 required for the Kansoko mine as
    required by the DRC law to enable the company to occupy this land....

A similar process was performed for Kakula footprint inside 48 km² enclosing 129 households
    surveyed out of whom 45 have been physically relocate after complete field compensation
    and land replacement. The field compensation, land replacement and physical relocation
    are in progress for the rest of households. 16 km of the mine area was fenced off.
    Kamoa Copper SA also planned a pathway for bikes as a deviation road so that people
    cultivating in the south area beyond the fence can easily access their fields. Kamoa Copper
    SA could consider in the future applying for prohibition areas (zones d’interdiction) where
    the activities and/or circulation of third parties will be prohibited for the areas required for
    the Kansoko and Kakula surface infrastructure that give the company the full legal right to
    occupy the relevant area and prevent any other parties occupying or entering the area.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.