AZY 0.00% 1.2¢ antipa minerals limited

Ann: Minyari Dome Project - Drilling Set to Commence at Tetris, page-122

1. 2,462 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1331
    Thanks Salpetie, You speak with reassuring sobriety as ever. And successful exploration, as you and I know is a very high % of luck, with the rest being in the right place and in actually having a go with a drilling rig.

What I do wonder however, is how much more sophisticated the information that Antipa have is compared to what Newcrest had in the1990s. They will have been using all of the modern, highly highly advanced gravity and magnetic survey methods, and digital processing. Whereas the Iphone hadn't even been invented when Newcrest did those surveys back in the 1990s. It was still 10 years into the future when they drilled those first holes at Havieron.

Antipa must have given Tertis the best in terms of modelling, and in comparison with Havieron prior to drilling. And their statement that Tetris is a 'Havieron doppelganger' is is presumably based on their results. Not to mention their confident statement that there is now only 42m of cover, despite no drilling for 15km around and an earlier contour map at Tetris that shows 1,000m of cover.

The other thing that has changed in the 27 years since Newcrest drilled those first mineralised holes at Havieron:

1. Back then there was a long-established belief that Telfer was a one-off, and a model that any target gold deposit would occur in a dome, as a series of stacked reefs in the dilational flexures across the crest of that dome. (I drilled a couple of these myself for one group), but

2. We now know that Telfer is just one of a number of large gold-copper deposits within the Paterson Orogen, and that every one of these is different. So we now see it as a hugely-endowed mineral province, subject to an enormous regional flux of mineralising fluids, which have found a home and deposited mineralisation wherever structure and timing has allowed.

So could Tetris be another Havieron? Well yes and no.

But if anyone is capable of recognising a potential 'Havieron' target, and of evaluating that the odds are good enough to justify a deep drill hole to test it, it would have to be Antipa.

But of course the 'Rotary Lie Detector' may be getting ready to make me eat my words, even as I write!

Cheers,

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AZY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $57.22M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.2¢ 1.2¢ 1.2¢ $468 39K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 4279368 1.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.3¢ 6806433 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.55pm 02/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AZY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.