MMI 6.67% 4.8¢ metro mining limited

Finally all ships gone so hopefully you will see announcement...

1. 4,660 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 568
    Finally all ships gone so hopefully you will see announcement today on completion of shipping and closer for wet season.

Well, bauxite price and shipping rate is what going to decide profitability. next two year will be paying back outstanding debt which is due i think in September 2022 and 2023, once that is done and demurrage is avoided then certainly there is margin to make. AISC will be higher then what you calculated unless shipping rate stays around $8-9 USD... IMO.

two key issue with MMI and I did mentioned when I did hold it was high silica content and high temperature bauxite. However they are not end of the story as long as MMI can achieve bauxite price of 45 USD and shipping rate stays below 15 USD. I had this calculated and share here before but i find it then i will share it again for you guys to use in future... IMO

opportunity with MMI is Indonesia ban their bauxite to china and creates short term price change to bauxite (probably in 2023) until market stabilise with aluminium production coming out of Indonesia... however Indonesia changed rule in past on bauxite ban so it is something to watch closely. another opportunity is kaolin but company has not looked into it so there must reason behind it.

guinea don't come to compare with MMI as most guinea products are low temperature bauxite and comes with lower operational cost but higher shipping cost. I won't touch CAY as I try to avoid African mines due to political stability issue and those who are involved in CAY are someone I would avoid even if they have mine in Australia... just my opinion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MMI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.8¢
Change
0.003(6.67%)
Mkt cap ! $285.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.5¢ 4.8¢ 4.5¢ $405.3K 8.710M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 212000 4.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.8¢ 2273889 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MMI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.