PAA 0.00% 19.5¢ pharmaust limited

Ann: MND Trial Completes Enrolment of First Patient Cohort, page-19

1. 2,562 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1484
    For those who are new to PAA, the potential conditions that monepantel may be able to treat are numerous, I suggest you look at some of treats by Kpax a few years ago. and you will begin to understand the excitement surrounding Monepantel by some on here.

Today I found another [It is most likely in Kpax's original list] Metformin is a drug that is often prescribed to people suffering Type 2 Diabetes. I have listed the sales and side effects below. As far as I'm aware Monepantel so far, has far fewer side effects than other mTor inhibitors. [Very few so far.]

Apologies for the crude cutting and pasting, but I hope you get the idea.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4885/4885491-f5ee0bb98cfbe1d7adec13ddf8c8a596.jpg
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4885/4885493-e00e597f558d9d25d403cae6cf1a2b92.jpg
    Side effects of Metformin

Commonly reported side effects of metformin include: lactic acidosis, diarrhea, nausea, nausea and vomiting, vomiting, and flatulence. Other side effects include: asthenia, and decreased vitamin b12 serum concentrate. Continue reading for a comprehensive list of adverse effects.

Applies to metformin: oral solution, oral suspension extended release, oral tablet, oral tablet extended release, oral tablet extended release 24 hr.

Warning

Oral route (Tablet; Tablet, Extended Release; Solution; Suspension, Extended Release)

Death, hypothermia, hypotension, and resistant bradyarrhythmias have been reported due to metformin-associated lactic acidosis. Onset may be subtle and include nonspecific symptoms such as malaise, myalgia, respiratory distress, somnolence, and abdominal distress; laboratory abnormalities include low pH, increased anion gap and elevated blood lactate. The risk of lactic acidosis increases with renal or hepatic impairment, aged 65 years or older, having a radiological study with contrast, surgery, or other procedures, hypoxic states, and excessive alcohol intake. If lactic acidosis is suspected, metformin hydrochloride should be discontinued, supportive measures started in a hospital setting. Prompt hemodialysis is recommended.

Serious side effects of Metformin

Along with its needed effects, metformin may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.

Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking metformin:

More common

• Abdominal or stomach discomfort
    • cough or hoarseness
    • decreased appetite
    • diarrhea
    • fast or shallow breathing
    • fever or chills
    • general feeling of discomfort
    • lower back or side pain
    • muscle pain or cramping
    • painful or difficult urination
    • sleepiness

Less common

• Anxiety
    • blurred vision
    • chest discomfort
    • cold sweats
    • coma
    • confusion
    • cool, pale skin
    • depression
    • difficult or labored breathing
    • dizziness
    • fast, irregular, pounding, or racing heartbeat or pulse
    • feeling of warmth
    • headache
    • increased hunger
    • increased sweating
    • nausea
    • nervousness
    • nightmares
    • redness of the face, neck, arms, and occasionally, upper chest
    • seizures
    • shakiness
    • slurred speech
    • tightness in the chest
    • unusual tiredness or weakness

Rare

• Behavior change similar to being drunk
    • difficulty with concentrating
    • drowsiness
    • lack or loss of strength
    • restless sleep
    • unusual sleepiness

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PAA (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.