SVR 0.75% $1.34 solvar limited

The difference between the ROE and ROA is solely due to gearing,...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 263 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 18

The difference between the ROE and ROA is solely due to gearing, which I think you understand from what you've said previously. The way I see it is that ultimately the business makes a 12% return from whatever funding source it utilises. ROE is higher just because the NPAT number is the same but it 's compared to a fraction of the total funding source (1 - gearing %).

I agree with you (and others) to an extent on re-rating, but I don't see the PE moving to 15+ until ROA is 15-20%. There are definitely catalysts for this going forward. Exit from SACC, cost reduction from branch closures, reduction in finance costs etc. So I do expect the PE to increase over time. My point is just that we shouldn't be using PE and comparing that to "typical" or "market" PE's as a gauge for how cheap MNY is. To me it comes down to the return on assets (loans) and the price relative to those assets.

The upside I mentioned before coupled with an excellent funding position, scope for considerable loan book growth, and opportunities to buy shares at less than net asset value make MNY a solid investment.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SVR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.