AXE 4.17% 23.0¢ archer materials limited

Ann: Modelling shows device compatibility with industry fabs, page-78

1. 778 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 774
    The European Patent does cover Spain. Could it possibly be just a formality ? - ie Spain needs the patent to be written up in Spanish ? I know the Korean Patent had to be written up in Korean and not English .. so maybe this is all it is possibly ? If something needs to be covered for what ever reason, I trust Mo and team will be onto it !
    There is huge investment going on around the world at the moment in the semiconductor space - when you think about it semiconductor chips are in just about everything we have including toasters so they are very important to our modern way of living. We can already see the supply chain issues for all industries when Semiconductor chips are disrupted - so it's not hard to see why the huge investments happening now to ensure countries limit any effects from Semiconductor Foundries in possible Geo-Political flashpoints.

I saw this article below regarding Hyundai looking into Quantum processing for autonomous driving.
    As Quantum develops further I'm sure many other manufactures that require super fast data processing from Cars to Defense will be looking into Quantum for processing of data as well as applications on our mobile devices for you and me. One big application for all of us I can think of is data security!

Quantum is very much here in it's early stages and like all other technologies before it, it will be refined and improved upon before it gets close to reaching it's full potential. Also I think it's very important to remember there is a lot of hype still surrounding Quantum and it's still early days yet. Archer is aiming for a minimal viable product which once achieved would no doubt be improved upon. If Archer succeeds in commercializing 12cq which so far they have shown they are on track ... then the monetary opportunities for them and potential are plentiful ! It will be a big Market for several competing technologies and players.

carexpert.com.au/car-news/hyundai-to-use-quantum-computing-for-autonomous-vehicles not sure if the link will work be I've posted the info below.

Hyundai to use quantum computing for autonomous vehicles

Hyundai is expanding its existing partnership with IonQ to use quantum computing to improve recognition of speed signs, pedestrians and cyclists.

3 MONTHS AGO
    PUBLISHED
    21 April 2022, 2:19 pm

Does quantum computing have a future in autonomous driving?

Hyundai Motor has announced it’s expanding its existing partnership with U.S. quantum computing company IonQ to involve a project that applies quantum machine learning to image classification and 3D object detection for autonomous vehicles.

A quantum computer in its simplest form is a machine that does a very specific type of math to perform calculations, but does so at speeds other computers theoretically cannot match.

Hyundai previously limited its partnership with IonQ, which it announced in January 2022, to develop algorithms that could yield greater efficiency and performance from next-generation lithium electric vehicle (EV) batteries.

The BMW 1 Series - Own The 1 - Visit the official website

IonQ quantum computers are different from other quantum computing systems as they use trapped ions, which are claimed to provide superior results to superconducting wire or crystalline silicon.

Hyundai says by encoding images into quantum states, IonQ is “already well underway” in classifying 43 different types of road signs using its quantum processors.

Its next phase is apparently applying the machine learning data to test environments that simulate various real-world scenarios.

Others Have Viewed

Hyundai and IonQ will also expand their current work on recognising road signs to include other objects like pedestrians and cyclists.

“We are excited to expand our existing relationship with Hyundai Motor to focus on another key aspect of next-generation mobility,” said IonQ president and CEO Peter Chapman.

“From partnering on battery research for electric vehicles to image classification and object detection research for automated driving, we expect to see quantum computers become an even more integral part in developing novel transportation solutions.”

IonQ was founded in 2015 and is a leader in trapped-ion quantum computing. It has previously worked with Amazon, Microsoft and Google to develop cloud-based quantum computing software.

Hyundai is aiming to put a self-driving Ioniq 5 Robotaxi into service with the Lyft ride-sharing app in the US from 2023.

Developed by Motional, the Ioniq 5 Robotaxi is said to be a Level 4 autonomous vehicle that’s capable of driving itself without human intervention in situations it was designed to handle, but can still be driven by a person.

It’s fitted with a suite of 30 sensors, including cameras, radar and LiDAR units.

Motional says this hardware gives the car a 360-degree view of the world, and allows for “ultra-long range detection of objects for safe autonomous operation in diverse driving environments”.

Hyundai’s parts and service arm, Hyundai Mobis, has also previously developed a prototype folding steering wheel system for self-driving cars.

Taking two years to develop, this folding steering wheel technology is expected to be implemented in future autonomous Hyundai, Genesis and Kia vehicles.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AXE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
23.0¢
Change
-0.010(4.17%)
Mkt cap ! $58.61M
Open High Low Value Volume
24.0¢ 24.0¢ 23.0¢ $43.07K 185.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 128618 23.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
24.0¢ 146524 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AXE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.