CNB 5.77% 49.0¢ carnaby resources limited

Hi guys,I bought my first ever commodity stock (one of the...

1. 390 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 597
    Hi guys,

I bought my first ever commodity stock (one of the majors) a couple of years ago. I'm on a steep learning curve in mining stocks, and let's just say I am not entirely sure what I am doing . I've got a separate trading account set up, with a few hopeful junior miners in it, which I keep separate from my main shares account. I like to buy a very small initial stake in small cap companies, then add to it slowly later on weakness.

I am very keen on the copper / decarbonisation thematic and dislike the options on the ASX. Moving further along the risk curve and being patient seems a more rewarding option than buying the one major copper producer left after OZ was taken over. BHP feels too diluted with iron ore and coal. I love the Carnaby grades and its location in Australia in an established mining region.

Recently I stumbled across this company and really like what I see. I spent the past few days reading everything on this forum (a great positive vibe and information here, by the way), looking at Carnaby's web site, checking out their YouTube page and looking at Live. wire and Aus .Biz for information.

I hope holders will excuse my ignorance and basic questions here. I'm interested in the Queensland copper projects more so than their other projects in WA. Obviously the grades are phenomenal and we all know about anticipated future copper shortages. I am wondering if it's normal for a company to have competing miners so close (Hammer) and whether this would affect a mine getting into production? What's the likelihood of a merger or take over to consolidate this area? Would a take over of one of the smaller ASX players best be done by Carnaby soon-ish, or could the competing interests keep exploring without getting in each other's way and competing for investor capital for a while longer? I read that Glencore has a refinery and smelter nearby. Is infrastructure readily available to transport the product, and to establish services (water, power, etc.) to future mines? I understand the sites are near Mount Isa with a community there that obviously knows mining and can provide housing and support. Also, is this company more likely to prioritise Mount Hope rather than spread themselves too thin with by doing a lot of exploration for lithium and gold in WA.

I haven't been able to find a time line for the next few years. Is this normal for a junior? What would be the most likely outcome for an investment in CNB? Would the company see the discovery through to production in say, a decade's time? Or do they consolidate their claim and get bigger as the resource is proven up, then promptly attract the interest of a mid-tier miner themselves, and shareholders win through a future take over? I am wondering what the most likely outcome is for any junior miner like this. Also, it might be hard to answer, but could anyone speculate at how big a future mine at Mt. Hope or Nil Desperandum would/could be in tonnes per annum if drilling and exploration continues to yield results. The resource seems to have gotten bigger and bigger with the potential for more positive news in the future. And could much of the copper underground be in one of the other company's claims and/or is there likely to eventually be enough / enough proven already, for Carnaby's project to go ahead? I am wondering how much of a problem the competing interests are and whether multiple successful mines could co-exist rather than one massive mine. I don't really understand how these things work and whether there are examples in other states or countries of competing companies mining the same ore body.

Finally, if anyone can point me toward any favourite videos, articles or presentations on Carnaby that maybe I haven't stumbled across so I can do further research, I would be most grateful.

I don't expect anyone to answer all of those questions (who has the time?!) but any extra information or answers I can get to help my understanding of this company would be terrific. Short term price target, technical analysis or speculation doesn't interest me. If the resource is good enough, and allows a future commercially profitable mine, money will be made in due course.

Congratulations on being in what looks to be a great stock. I'm just looking for some guidance on what the next few steps would be in the medium term, and the most likely end game for CNB. Again, I am a novice on mining stocks (not a troll or down ramper) and for some weird reason have developed a strong interest in small cap miners over the past year

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CNB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
49.0¢
Change
-0.030(5.77%)
Mkt cap ! $84.24M
Open High Low Value Volume
50.5¢ 50.5¢ 48.0¢ $137.4K 282.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1999 49.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
50.0¢ 12437 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CNB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.