MND 0.16% $12.74 monadelphous group limited

As an aside to mentioning the acquisition of two companies in...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 4,242 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1233
    As an aside to mentioning the acquisition of two companies in Chile, MND's Chairman stated, “We have, and will continue to draw on, our Non-Executive Director, Helen Gillies’ wealth of experience in Chile to support this venture."

I do not know the nature of Helen Gillies’s experience in Chile, but experience with copper mines and the Chilean milieu would probably be included. She was a director for Sinclair Knight Merz, and it was heavily involved in the El Teniente mine copper mine there. That mine was nationalised about forty years ago, and it is now run by state-owned CODELCO (Corporación Nacional del Cobre de Chile). CODELCO was which is mentioned in the Announcement, together with other mining companies operating in Chile, which includes BHP.

Apart from Government ownership, El Teniente mine has experienced worker militancy that is usual in Chile. I imagine that firms like Sinclair Knight Merz learned how to make a dollar in Chile by, amongst other things, having good contacts, and charging fees high enough to cover the proclivities of Chileans.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MND (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.