FOR 0.00% $1.52 forager australian shares fund

Yup. It's a huge shame watching a talent like that go off the...

1. 925 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 83
    Yup. It's a huge shame watching a talent like that go off the rails. Something is going badly wrong in the decision making there. I used to routinely rip-off many of Steve's ideas, either by buying the same stocks, or by buying similar but better stocks (like when Steve's MAH purchase caused me to load up on NWH), and many other times, we'd find ourselves on the same share registers by genuine coincidence.

Over the past three years or so, we've had very very little overlap (with the exception of GTK, zero overlap), and some of his recent ideas make me think that Mr Market is going to outfox him on parts of his portfolio. For example, I think that VVA is probably going to be a 'meh' investment, and has the potential to turn into a disaster.

Not so long ago, I held 781,000 FOR units, now I'm down to just 34,000 units. Along the way, I've never thought that things at Forager were ever bad enough to justify selling for its own sake, but very often I've found ideas where I've been confident that 85-90c in my hands will return more than $1 would in Steve's, which has resulted in the whittling down of my Forager position.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FOR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.