GNM 4.17% 1.2¢ great northern minerals limited

Ann: Morabisi Phase II - Lithium Field Activities To Commence Aug, page-21

1. 6,158 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 764
    GSM have big skin now in the game so I know they will be working hard with these trenching exercises at Turesi Ridge and 20km ridge in particular East Camp and Banakaru.
    "Trenching programmes will be carried out at both sites to expose fresh bedrock beneath soil and rock overburden..."
    [28 Jul 2017 08:3  Morabisi Phase II - Lithium Field Activities To Commence Aug]

I was having another look at the Rock Chip announcements together with other announcements focusing on Turesi Ridge area

At Turesi Ridge -

"Trenches will be dug at right angles to the strike to sample fresh bedrock to determine LCT pegmatite thicknesses and to provide samples for Lithium assay".
    [28 Jul 2017 08:3  Morabisi Phase II - Lithium Field Activities To Commence Aug]

The JV suspects the discovery of these Li-bearing pegmatites at surface is due to a landslide that exposed these rocks to surface. It is very encouraging that this area corresponds directly with scintillometer reading of 6x background and tails off to 3x background over at least a 30m width. Currently it’s the view of the JV that it is pre-mature to estimate strike length of this dyke at this time.
    [02 Jun 2017 08:24 - Major REE Discovery At Robello]

The Rock Chips they collected were from exposed part of the pegmatite which was weathered but still gave high grades. The other strike length is not exposed and covered with soil so hopefully this trenching exercise now will better define a strike length.

gpp1 (1).jpg

I'm not a geologist but interpreting the details are correct as per below
    "Easting refers to the eastward-measured distance (or the x-coordinate), while northing refers to the northward-measured distance (or the y-coordinate). Easting and northing coordinates are commonly measured in metres from a horizontal datum."

Now if we look at the "high grades" and their coordinates, I think its pretty evident this Turesi Ridge could be a big pegmatite....

Right now we can see lithium bearing pegmatite is there from around 234,750 until 234,550 eastings thats around 200m  BUT the strongest grades are around 234,550 eastings and this is where the sample data ends unfortunately for whatever reason.
    So in my opinion they need to start and see whats around 234,400s and 234,300s eastings and 648,500s and 648,700s northings in particular.
    Strongest grades are at 234,550 eastings but there's no samples for 234,400s eastings, so no doubt the trenching exercise will go to these areas and beyond

Prospects at Turesi Ridge indeed do excite!

20km Ridge:

"There appears to be three distinct zones of anomalous Rb-Cs-Be along the 20 km Ridge target with an WNW strike orientation. Banakaru zone is the strongest and most consistent geochemical zone with a strike length of 2.4 km and includes the previously reported 30m thick white clay zone. Large sub-euhedral quartz mineral fragments were identified throughout this target. Banakaru is protected by younger basic dykes possibly protecting the LCT pegmatite dykes and lithium minerals from deep tropical weathering. The East Camp zone also has a strike length of 2.4 km and East Camp – South zone with a minimum strike length of 750m. The East Camp zone and south zone are clearly the north and south drainages of the East Camp Ridge. East Camp Ridge is a prominent topographic high, relative to the surrounding ridges due to the younger basic dykes capping the ridge."

[02 Jun 2017 08:24 - Major REE Discovery At Robello]

Emphasis in bold above where I believe is important

Hope we can get some pictures in due time
    Have a nice day

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GNM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.2¢
Change
-0.001(4.17%)
Mkt cap ! $1.778M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.1¢ 1.2¢ 1.1¢ $2.904K 260.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 289525 1.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.2¢ 4396 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.10am 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GNM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.