FG1 4.17% 2.5¢ flynn gold limited

Hi DC - thanks for this. appreciate you pulling me up on this....

1. 82 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 37
    Hi DC - thanks for this. appreciate you pulling me up on this. You are correct and i was wrong to as you say average the interval again. I think what i was getting as is that the majority of these intervals are carried by very narrow high grade intervals. I am not saying it is unusual for companies to set their interval criteria with 0.3 g/t Au or even 0.1 g/t Au to allow the interval to be drawn out and look a lot longer than the interval actually is within an economic context.

I am not alluding to smearing at all. These are defined very narrow intervals they are typically selection with the higher grades not appearing to continue outside of their selected sampling intervals so the potential for contamination between intervals looks very low. In saying that though, its virtually impossible to say with any certainty unless you see the assay certificates to assess grades between every single sample, then compare with geo / alteration / mineralisation that has been logged. If a company wanted to provide "balanced reporting" they would provide ALL of the data they collect in a totally transparent way so that the market can be completely informed. Almost no company does this because the chance of them actually being on to a real ore body is so low and basically they need to fake it until the make it in order to survive until the next capital raise.

One example that hardly any company reports is duplicate assays. These are routinely submitted as part of QAQC and are important in assessing the repeatability of the same sample results. Its particularly important in Flynns golden ridge prospect where very high grades are seen over these narrow intervals. Flynn 100% definitely have this data but there is no requirement for companies to report this so they don't. My guess is though, that they would if the results warranted it. The fact that there is some visible gold in the core means that there is a very high chance the mineralization is in fact nuggety at least to some degree. What they should be doing imo, and i have suggested this to the company, is screen fire assays of this material. the standard method they are currently using only takes a 50g charge out of a usually several kg sample where as screen fire takes 1kg and captures all of the course fraction and provides a much better representation of total gold in the sample. Screen fire is more expensive but considering in Flynns case, the meaningful grades are only over very narrow intervals, they would not have to submit many and results could be surprizing to the upside. Obviously its not up to share holders to tell companies what to do as there is a presumption they know what they are doing but weird imo they have not considered doing this.

Flynn is definitely not alone in selecting only the data they announce they think is beneficial to them and leaving out the data that may not paint such a rosy picture but it seems Flynn does this more than most. Imo they are really pushing the envelope of continuous disclosure.

As mentioned previously, their Sept 2021 Qtrly report states they mapped and sampled their Mangana tenement and stated "assays pending". They have not mentioned this again so either their assay turn around for these samples they claim they took are now in the order of 18 months which seems ridiculous, or, much more likely, they got results back, results were poor and have chosen not to report them. Same with the diamond drilling they did at Portland that started late March 2022. When Neil Marston joined the company he was spruiking how amazing it was such a small company had 7 very experienced geologists, his latest presentation last week he stated that they have 5 geologists working out of their Scottsdale core yard. The rocks at Portland are a sedimentary package of large bedded sandstones with interbedded silt stones. They are folded but its pretty basic stuff. Does anyone actually believe it takes over 12 months to log 1190m of diamond core ? particularly as the drilled meter per day rate was so low and should have easily been kept up with by the on site geo ? Or is it more likely they saw the core, it had no mineralization and they have chosen not to report it to the market ?? they did mention they were still logging it a few times but radio silence on this over the last few months ?? imo it is almost certainly the latter and it would have been much better for the company to just be honest and report that no mineralization was encountered but they have advanced their understanding... or something similar but instead, they have chose again to be opaque with their reporting and not bothered with updating the market at all. You would have to think if investors will ever hear about the recent drilling at the Popes prospect or not. I guess from their history, it depends if the visual results and assays are any good, other wise, for sure, radio silence and sneak it into the annual report. Personally i find this to be extremely dishonest and it is not surprizing the market has shown very little interest in Flynn, despite the advances in their Golden Ridge project.

next announcement will likely be the closing of the acquisition of Fire Tower and Warrentinna from greatland gold. Their 6 month option period ends in two weeks 30th May. Although Flynn would have access to Greatlands data room and there isnt much data to review on these, Flynn wasnt that confident they would be able to do the literature review in 6 months so put in a clause to give them another month leaving the determining factor up to Mineral Resources Tasmania providing them a permit to drill at some stage in the future (within 12 months). I have not seen that one before. Neil did say last week that MRT can turn around drilling application approvals in a matter of days. Considering to approve anything that will disturb the surface, MRT need to assess surveys of heritage, sites of geo significance, indigenous sites, flora and fauna surveys including locations of endangered species, invasive weed populations and mitigation, contaminant mitigation, access path ways ect and then physically go to all proposed drill sites and check on all of these, then put it all together in a report... not to mention having to drop everything else they may have scheduled to be doing at the time for other explorers / miners, effectively jumping the cue... this seems highly unlikely so investors need to hope Flynn has been able to apply for drilling permits already. It should be pretty easy as more than likely they will just be re-drilling the historical holes. That is if the numerous land holders agree, otherwise time lines get dragged out further. Its not like Portland where there is only one land holder who is positive on exploration, or Golden Ridge which is in State forest, these areas are small parcels of family run vineyards and other fruit crops so may not be that straight forward. This is a perfect acquisition for the Directors though imo. It has not cost any cash money, only 3M shares at 10c. Even if all permits, land access ect comes through in a short time frame, they have not yet been able to drill more than one project at a time. Already they plan to drill Mt Dove in WA, more NE Tas, West coast Tas and are aiming for a resource estimate at Golden Ridge, all within the next 12 months or so. They will likely need at least one, if not two more cap raises and it would still, at a guess considering their inefficient history, likely take them 6 to 12 months to start drilling and 3 -4 months after that to get first results that will only serve to confirm historical drilling and potentially some extensions. By this time they would have paid themselves collectively way more than double the acquisition costs so it really is a win win for them.

i am not saying the acquisition isnt worth it and understand exploration programs take time to do, just that companies like Flynn can and do drag out the programs a fair bit as they still get paid heaps regardless. Investors have a right to be suspicious of inactivity imo. Plenty of examples from Flynn in this regard but my favourite is the Mt Dove programs. Arguably this is the best ground that Flynn have to gain market attention being only 12km away (according to Flynn) from DEG.asx hemi project. This tenement was fully permitted prior to Flynns IPO but still they took 12 months to start a soil program and didnt know how to interpret basic soil geo chem results so paid a consultant to do it with results back some 16 months after listing (late October 2022). Neil Marston stated on those encouraging results that they would be back doing follow up "as soon as possible". Their timeline for this follow up work seen in the company presentation issued in Feb 2023 to be some time within the Sept quarter this year making the " as soon as possible" start to follow up turn around somewhere between 8 and 12 months, for a project with anomalies within the same rock type as and proximal to an 8.5 M Oz resource owned by a $2.3 Billion market cap company. Can you feel the dedication of Flynn to find ore bodies ???????

Obviously the only thing that really matters is what the over all market thinks, so we wait.

again, thank DC for pulling me up with my mistake, was super dump thing to say and as you said, completely incorrect ! will own up to my mistakes every time when pointed out.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FG1 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.