SPR 1.11% 89.0¢ spartan resources limited

Yes, if there's enough Au there to justify the time and cost, it...

1. 19 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    Yes, if there's enough Au there to justify the time and cost, it can be done. My point is that it's not a trivial quick and cheap exercise. The 100m you mention doesn't have a lot of wriggle room when you factor in the zone of instability margin for the wall:

GUIDELINES ON SAFETY BUND WALLS (dmp.wa.gov.au) see fig 5.

It's a steep pitwall, and they have about 40m or so of very weathered rock at the top to contend with. So it looks like they don't have a lot of space for much of a cutback unless they eat into that waste dump and tailings dam. But being tailings, it means that it can simply be pushed or dumped somewhere else - it will need to be in a properly constructed encapsulated structure, lest you want to create some serious environmental legacy issues. I would imagine that you couldn't leave it partially dug - it would pose a serious geotechnical risk above the area that you were mining.

And to move that dirt - like the water - you need to put it somewhere, that isn't too far away, won't hinder your access to operations, or sterilise any possible mineralisation like the old waste dump looked about to do at NN. And be on the ML, think about why the current dumps are shaped like they are.

What I am trying to highlight is that there aren't any cheap and easy options available like the ones that keep getting thrown around. It will be a complicated mine plan, which will take time to formulate and approve, before any mining commences.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
89.0¢
Change
-0.010(1.11%)
Mkt cap ! $983.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
88.5¢ 91.0¢ 87.5¢ $5.564M 6.262M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 88678 88.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
89.0¢ 208729 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SPR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.