MCO 0.00% 11.0¢ morning star gold n.l.

Ann: MORNING STAR ENTERS AGREEMENT TO PURCHASE 80, page-10

1. 6,756 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 285
    re: Ann: MORNING STAR ENTERS AGREEMENT TO PUR... hey, Tawny....... just to keep you active while in the sin-bin check out the 1998 Jorc for the intersect of 17608g/t, plus the annoucement of 17 march, 2008. it is an historic WMC(GMA) drillhole - from the archival records.

and just as a bit of background on how prodigious the mine can be when the Ol' Girl yields her best, here is some old stuff from 11 october, 1935, where the old-timers really had some good months mining. only guessing but could this be from the Burns reef ? possibly .....

***** 11 october, 1935 *******

Morning Star Gold Yields

Since the mill commenced to treat ore at the mine of Morning Star (GMA)
    Mines NL at Woods Point gold returns been high. The last crushlng of
    415 tons yielded 1,438 oz. of bullion, containing a high assay of fine gold.

The previous crushlng of 216 tons yielded 289 (&-a-half) oz. of bullion, which assayed 760 parts in 1,000 fine. The first crushlng in July of 95 tons gave 281 (&-a-half) oz. of bullion, and the second crushing of 177 tons returned 389(&-a-half) ounces bullion.

footnote : i just discovered that Waverley dyke was being mined in 1934 from Tingha & at times producing a fair grade.

***** 21 november, 1934 *******

GOLD YIELDS

TINGHA. Waverley Mine, Wood's Point,
    20th (november) -crushed 60 tons for 34 oz. retorted gold
    Previous yield, 44 tons for 11 oz. 10 dwt.

all very promising & hopefully points to Waverley dyke being a go'er from drilling in 2010.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MCO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.