PAX 0.00% 1.2¢ panax geothermal limited

Ann: Moten Power Update , page-51

1. 102 Posts.
    Not sure, PT. They're both shallow volcanic plays of equal MW. EHR is 1.4 km deep I think. Pax haven't given us any cost figures have they?

Like I said I would expect EHR's to be cheaper because they've got 6 old wells drilled, one of which is a production well that's able to be reworked to use (I think as an injection well). Power lines are like 10 metres from the site in Argentina too.

I would expect the actual power plant part would be of similar cost for both projects and would take up roughly half of the total project cost (40-60%, just my estimate based on past research), so I can't see how PAX can be any cheaper, really.

That Indonesian news article that someone posted a while back (I re-posted it recently) stated that PT Bakrie had allocated 90-100M for the Sokoria project, targeting a 30MW plant operating in 2015. IMO it is more likely the total cost for 30MW is up around 160-180M (so PT Bakries 90M would be 55%)

That said a 10MW plant could be achievable as a first step but I still think more (and new) financiers will be needed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PAX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.