PAX 0.00% 1.2¢ panax geothermal limited

Not sure, PT. They're both shallow volcanic plays of equal MW....

1. 102 Posts.
    Not sure, PT. They're both shallow volcanic plays of equal MW. EHR is 1.4 km deep I think. Pax haven't given us any cost figures have they?

Like I said I would expect EHR's to be cheaper because they've got 6 old wells drilled, one of which is a production well that's able to be reworked to use (I think as an injection well). Power lines are like 10 metres from the site in Argentina too.

I would expect the actual power plant part would be of similar cost for both projects and would take up roughly half of the total project cost (40-60%, just my estimate based on past research), so I can't see how PAX can be any cheaper, really.

That Indonesian news article that someone posted a while back (I re-posted it recently) stated that PT Bakrie had allocated 90-100M for the Sokoria project, targeting a 30MW plant operating in 2015. IMO it is more likely the total cost for 30MW is up around 160-180M (so PT Bakries 90M would be 55%)

That said a 10MW plant could be achievable as a first step but I still think more (and new) financiers will be needed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PAX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.