AHK 9.09% 15.0¢ ark mines limited

Hi @John8769 - today's ann might be the first step in answering...

1. 9,978 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2467
    Hi @John8769 - today's ann might be the first step in answering your questions re transport/processing/sale.

Lets hope it all resolves, as I'm confident it will.

What has been said so far is they will mine the sand deposit using conventional earth moving equipment, take it in trucks to the on-site gravity concentrator (which might be sled mounted so it can be moved easily !!) - remove a heavy concentrate amounting to 1% by weight, and return the 99% to the mined pit (which is average depth of ~12 m) - they then reclaim the land by growing grass pasture and scattered trees.

All good so far.

Now today they say the concentrate will be transported to SE Qld - The Gold Coast. (as yet we don't know its composition - the assays will tell, presumably)
    There in the state of the art Currumbin Minerals gravity/magnetic/electrostatic separation plant it will be split into its marketable components. Which will include traditional heavy mineral sands (rutile, zirconium etc) and REEs - Hopefully there will be some niobium too.
    https://curmin.com/

Question which raises immediately is cost of transport to Currumbin on the Gold Coast - an obvious alternative would be to duplicate the plant in N.Qld - if the deposit proves to be big enough.

So IMO - that's good progress - we will soon have answers to the assays and grade question and for size with their maiden resource estimate over drilled ground, and exploration resource estimate over the whole deposit.

One question remains vital for me, not whether I should hold, but what the future might hold. That involves the source of the heavy minerals. Time will tell.

Sentiment BUY remains - But DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AHK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
15.0¢
Change
-0.015(9.09%)
Mkt cap ! $8.317M
Open High Low Value Volume
16.5¢ 16.5¢ 15.0¢ $4.068K 25.10K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 70157 15.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
18.0¢ 470 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AHK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.