BUB 3.85% 12.5¢ bubs australia limited

In my experience and opinion only. As my wife and her family are...

1. 402 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 34
    In my experience and opinion only. As my wife and her family are from China.
    There is no way in the world consumers in China would favour or even want any BUBs product made in China, regardless of where the ingredients come from. Did BUBs not do any research into this? In China, if you have the money to buy a brand name baby formula (ie. non China brands), then you'd have the money to go for the best and won't settle for anything else. I know its funny, but perception is everything, and there is so much distrust in locally produced food and products.

And to read some of the comments above, inlcuding rockets, to the moon, great move by the company, great management... are you serious?
    You can't use the analogy that Coca Cola is produced everywhere too and is doing well. Coke is a world wide household name for one, and we are talking about whats best for babies here.

Sure you'll still get higher volume I guess, being based in china it will be more easily pushed out to the supermarket shelf which I see as a good thing.

I didn't know that Fronterra had failed in this space until I read some of the comments above. But gosh,,, I could have told you that it won't work. A tin of BUBs made in Australia imported into China (or smuggled in) will be worth far more than a tin of made in China Bubs.
    Same goes with Heineken made in Vietnam. The local Vietnamese still would rather pay a few Vietnam $ Dongs more to drink the imported French or Netherlands Heineken.

I saw A2M as say a BMW or Merc... and BUB as the Honda... great brand, good quality. With this latest move BUBs has now been demoted to being in a KIA or Great Wall class. Sadly thats how it will be perceived by the local Chinese anyway.

I got out of Bubs at $1.08 and said to myself I'll get back in later down the track when I see some positive upwards movement. If it ever comes.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
12.5¢
Change
-0.005(3.85%)
Mkt cap ! $111.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
12.5¢ 12.5¢ 12.3¢ $33.88K 271.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
46 1436923 12.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
12.5¢ 28750 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.33pm 22/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BUB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.