BUB 0.00% 12.0¢ bubs australia limited

China dangles the carrot of SAMR registration in front of...

1. 403 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 612
    China dangles the carrot of SAMR registration in front of companies to access the world's largest consumer market, however I wonder if the risk is worth the reward. At the same time, its companies are operating here freely and then the Chinese government takes issue when Australia imposes restrictions on the likes of Huawei. They complain about any restrictions put on their companies as being "incompatible with free trade". That's as far as I will go with the political commentar, however it does highlight the operating risks Bubs faces when dealing with an organisation like the CCP. The whole system in China is set-up to protect local firms at the expense of foreign companies.

Does anyone know what percent of yearly revenue comes through daigou sellers? If I were CEO, I would just about let the daigou re-sell Bubs to China from Coles and Woolworths and focus entirely on Vietnam. I would probably work on the e-commerce angle so daigou could purchase online, directly from the Bubs website -- perhaps at a small discount for bulk purchases.

From listening to Kyle Bass's "American Thought Leaders" interviews on YouTube, the risks of doing business in China become apparent. China is made out to be a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, however too many companies have come to grief there. Can any investors comment on the government regulations for foreign businesses in Vietnam? It has a growing middle class, big population, and will benefit greatly from supply chain relocation out of China over the next few years. I was there a couple of years ago, and the place seemed to be booming. It reminded me of what China was like ten years ago. Full of possibilities.

And yes, the CEO / founder takes too much in the way of salary.

I thought the share price might have been up a bit more today than what it is.

Good luck all.
    DRL

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
12.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $107.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
12.0¢ 12.3¢ 12.0¢ $63.24K 526.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 414645 12.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
12.5¢ 1973282 28
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BUB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.