ANQ 0.00% 0.3¢ anaeco limited

Ann: MOU with Bouygues E&S Contracting UK-ANQ.AX, page-133

1. 1,562 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 327
    For some clarity on the WMRC Project for the newcomers (originally posted 11/08/16):

"WMRC Project (DiCOM Plant)

Delays v Design/Tech

There have been some concerns raised on here regarding the quality of this project. For mine, it has been stated repeatedly through numerous company reports/announcements that completion of the WMRC project, whilst delayed by mechanical faults (Monadelphous’ remit under the joint venture), did not have any problems with the design/technology (AnaeCo’s remit under the JV).  I.e. The technology is proven (and in fact, during the delay, AnaeCo’s continued R&D actually improved the design beyond the original specs).  I suggest that the Chinese and Monos both recognise this.  Again, the delays were mechanical/construction related, not design/tech related.

If you (or your architect) drew up the plans for your bespoke house and then a builder put in faulty brickwork/plumbing/flooring/etc causing re-work delays to the house build, it doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with the design!

Processed Tonnages

Some have stated that the plant has not operated at full capacity for any significant period of time. They are correct by my understanding.  However, the reason it has not operated at full capacity for significant periods is perhaps misunderstood. The WMRC Council Agendas/Minutes have been useful sources of information for processed tonnages, etc, however most don’t seem to be aware of the lengthy issue the WMRC has had with obtaining enough waste to meet their contractual supply obligations to the DiCOM Plant. Read further through these council documents over the last few years and it is clear that the council has been pushing to obtain waste from other councils:

ANQ - 160628 - WMRC - MRC Waste Supply Agrmnt - 1.JPG

ANQ - 160628 - WMRC - Mindarie RC Waste Supply Agreement - 2 (from 6 Aug WMRC Meeting Agenda).JPG

This picture (http://www.anaeco.com/project/wmrc-project) below may help clarify part of this:

AnaeCo AWT Plant JFR McGeough Resource Recovery Facility Shenton Park.jpg

Note that this is not just a picture of the DiCOM plant (Items 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 - designed by AnaeCo, constructed by Monadelphous and owned by Palisade), but also the WMRC’s (Council’s) Transfer Station (Item 1 above).

The owners of the transfer station (i.e. the Council/WMRC) are contracted to supply sufficient waste to the DiCOM plant to ensure it can run at appropriate volumes.   The excerpts from the council documents above show that the council has/is having challenges meeting those contractual requirements.

Without sufficient supply the plant cannot run at capacity!

Performance Trials

As most are aware the requirement for the plant to complete Performance Trials was waived by the WMRC as part of the revised Project Completion requirements. Going back through the announcements and council documents there is clear implication that this is due to either the whole plant, or the various parts of it, running for sufficient periods through the protracted commissioning stage (including whilst mechanical defects in particular elements were being rectified) to validate the successful working of the relevant elements to the satisfaction of the WMRC, albeit with a requirement for punchlist items to be completed prior to handover.  Ability of council to supply sufficient waste would of course also be a factor.  Had there been no mechanical issues, and sufficient waste supply, my understanding is the plant would have gone straight to the ~11 week Performance Trials."

Cheers

Freighter

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ANQ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.