ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 47 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12

I have been trying to get my head around the Ezibuy figures. What we know is that it lost $26.4m in the period from 1 July 2022 to 3 April 2023, of which $23.2m was the impairment of assets. When the administrators were appointed, net liabilities of $27.4m (of which trade payables were $26.5m) were unpaid and left for the administrators to deal with. There was a gain of $1m on the benefit from walking away from the liabilities over the trading losses incurred.

Ezibuy has been excluded from the results this year and from the comparatives in the P&L statement. The restated P&L for 2022 shows that discontinued operations (Ezibuy) incurred a loss of $3.5m on revenue of $105m. Mosaic was managing the business at that time with a 51% shareholding and an option to buy the remainder for $11m. They exercised that option in Q4 of 2022 when they must have known how bad it was.

The balance sheet for 2022 has not been restated. Inventories of $117m included Ezibuy’s inventory which was $13.7m when the administrators were appointed. A guesstimate of Ezibuy’s inventory at 30 June 2022 would be $17m, meaning that the rest of Mosaic had inventory of $100m. At June 2023, that figure had blown out to $131.6m.

Similarly, trade payables last year would have been around the $170-$180m mark without Ezibuy. This year they are $177.6, so no real improvement there.

None of this would give anyone confidence in the management of Mosaic. If ASIC isn’t looking at the $11 payment to Alceon, I would be very surprised.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MOZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.