MRQ 16.7% 0.4¢ mrg metals limited

You have missed the point. I zoomed out to show white-grey sand...

1. 2ic
    5,941 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4972
    You have missed the point. I zoomed out to show white-grey sand is just as ubiquitous across the sand plain as the red sand. The white-grey sand down east side of Corrdior is the same Type 1 sand found all over in the low-lying areas on the edges of the red sand topographic highs. So i explained my view on the origin, transport and deposition of the white-grey sand, clearly visualised by zooming into the area east of Corridor where white-grey sand covers all the low-lying areas. White-grey sand derived locally re-worked, transported and extensively weathered by the same process will very likely all have the same properties and assemblage across the entire basin.

So far MRQ have drilled number of holes into white-grey sands at KM, Nhacutse and Poiombo (auger and AC) and everywhere the THM % is low. Why would anyone expect the white-grey sand to suddenly have the high THM% of red-sand hosted deposits (eg Corridor 1, KM, Nhacutse, Poiombo, Marao, Murucca etc) when the geology and results so far say it's unlikley? Large drainage systems could develop fluvial enrichment of HM such as some part of Jangamo in the Mutamba deposit, but there are no large fluvial systems in MRQs tenements. My advice was stick to drilling the high THM red-sands prospects instead of chasing the white-grey sand high VHM dream.

Partly because white-grey sand low THM grades are more negative than the high VHM assemblage is positive, partly because the high VHM is complicated by low recoveries in highly altered TiO2 minerals (especially when ilmenite roasting is required). The only way to explain a complex issue and substantiate a negative view is with long posts, i hope others have understood it better than yourself. As always, time will tell if I am correct or wrong and they find a high THM, high VHM white-grey sand hosted deposit. Logic tells me it will not happen.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MRQ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.001(16.7%)
Mkt cap ! $9.490M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.4¢ 0.3¢ $5.184K 1.438M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
14 13082644 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 18422505 25
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.31pm 15/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MRQ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.