MSB 1.02% 99.0¢ mesoblast limited

Market penetration doesn't happen fast in the medical industry,...

1. 258 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 663
    Market penetration doesn't happen fast in the medical industry, it's very, very slow.

This statement you made is very context dependant taken from my experience (I have been involved in numerous product launches in Australia). More likely to be true if you have a "me too" product to be launched (i.e. not first or second to market and no significant product advantage in terms of efficacy and/or safety compared to current competitors or available therapy). Also market penetration may slow if the product has been on the market for some time and/or already achieved a decent level of market penetration.

This equation may change dramatically however if:
    • The product is a first in class (and first or second to market)
    • The product fills an unmet need (e.g. only approved product in children 12 years or younger)
    • Competitor products have an unfavourable safety profile
    • The condition the product is treating is life threatening where best available therapy has poor outcomes
    • The product can be used synergistically with current standard of care for better outcomes
    • etc etc (get my drift)

I think it's a given that Rem-L is not a "me too" product. In addition, Rem-L meets many of the dot points above IMO which tips the scales in favour for a relatively quick and respectable market penetration if launched well. What also bodes well for a relatively successful launch/ market share gain is that targeting half a dozen to a dozen or so transplant centres from memory accounts for about 50% of the US market.

very, very slow --- I don't think so --- we are ready to go --- lives to save if given the go --- go MSB go!!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
99.0¢
Change
0.010(1.02%)
Mkt cap ! $1.130B
Open High Low Value Volume
99.5¢ $1.02 98.5¢ $5.507M 5.501M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 9996 99.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
99.5¢ 18069 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.