SGQ 7.14% 3.0¢ st george mining limited

I think emotions are running brains with some people on this...

1. 7,580 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2097
    I think emotions are running brains with some people on this thread.
    I first started buying in August 2019, prior to that I followed the company on and off for a couple of years and read many of the posts on HC.

In that time, mostly, I have seen posters support the strategy pursued by management.... the so called hunt for the octopus. I read above (in a parallel thread) a bit of complaint about the number of CR's and the resulting dilution... one of the reasons I felt confident in SGQ was every CR was to fund exploration. The SP has traded in a range for years but the MC is holding up pretty well... especially when you consider the big discovery hasn't happened yet. Those people pulling the pin would be getting much of their money back... usually, one is lucky to get back 10 cents on the $.

Just before posting this I reread today's announcement. And... the fuss is all about the delay with the Canada results. Well...yes... it would be nice to put a bit more meat on the bone with a scoping study. But, that's not why anyone is actually invested in SGQ (I assume). The scoping study is very small beer compared to what is being explored for.

Personally, I want the company to proceed exactly as they have done so far. Methodically explore the ground and drill the targets as they become apparent. Realistically, there's probably another couple of years of exploration ahead. Management is expressing confidence they are on the verge of drilling discovery holes for the high grades below. I believe it.

When I analysed SGQ, before committing funds, I could see very clearly they are underfunded for the size of the project. A couple of high grade hits will change everything, I am confident that is the way things will develop.

Perhaps it's worthwhile for some of the disgruntled to review the history of a few other companies and see what a normal timeline looks like. SVY springs to mind... they scratched around in the dirt for ages before they started to understand the ground below. ALK is another one... recently discovered a porphyry after about 7 years of preliminary exploration and they still probably have about 2 or 3 years of exploration drilling ahead of them.

When the company issued the announcement back in April detailing the geofizz which is now the main substance of the current campaign, that for me was the indication that the preceding work is about to pay off.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGQ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.0¢
Change
0.002(7.14%)
Mkt cap ! $32.65M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.9¢ 3.0¢ 2.8¢ $114.3K 3.938M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 60000 2.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.0¢ 298002 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SGQ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.